List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Re: Document Relations toolbar keeps showing up in
From:       John Andersen <jsa () pen ! homeip ! net>
Date:       2005-01-23 23:31:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 23 January 2005 01:44 pm, David P James wrote:
> On Sun 23 January 2005 17:21, John Andersen wrote:
> > A useless appendage if ever I saw one... IMHO
>
> Well that's only because webmasters aren't making use of relative links
> like they should be - Google is a prime offender as they should have
> next and previous relative links on all their search results pages. The
> advantage to you the user is that you wouldn't have to search all over
> the place for the 'next page' button since it would always be in the
> same place on your toolbar.
>
> Of course since IE ignores rel links they're not used much by webmasters
> but that is starting to change slowly (mailing list archives often use
> them as do some howtos/manuals and more recently blogs).

Yes, but...  Even WITH relative links such as I have
on my sites, I've seen no need of this toolbar.   Sites so
hard to navigate that I need this are not likely to hold my
attention.

A tool that only works with a "standard" not adhered to ANYWHERE
is not very useful IMHO.

And to have the first release be so universally and obviously
broken hasn't improved my opinion of it in the least.
(With apologies to all who slaved over its creation).