List:       kde-linux
Subject:    RE: [kde-linux] Re: bug: KDE freezes windows after several idle days
From:       Dave Ulrick <d-ulrick () niu ! edu>
Date:       2005-01-20 6:23:03

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Jason Mancini wrote:

> Oh yah, and at work where the KDE windows won't move/resize after
> a while... we don't use KDM or GDM.  Our login scripts launch "startx"
> directly for the user.

Just now, I've experienced an occurrence of the "KDE windows won't
move/resize" problem.  In this instance, the system is used only
occasionally as a KDE desktop, but I had used it less than twenty-four
hours before the problem cropped up tonight.

I was able to recover correct window move/resize behavior like so:

 	$ killall kwin
 	$ kwrapper kwin &

This certainly looks like a kwin bug to me.

Dave
--
Dave Ulrick
Email: d-ulrick@niu.edu