List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Does KDE 3.3.1 have a network config wizard?
From:       Pollywog <linux-kde () shadypond ! com>
Date:       2005-01-16 22:46:36

On Sunday 16 January 2005 08:23 pm, Matthew Robinson wrote:

> Not as far as i know of. Debian probably has something in their package
> repositry, try aptgetting net-setup (thats what i think gentoo uses, maybe
> debian does too), thats curses based though.

Debian does not have such a package.

> You could just put this in one of your startup files though;
>
> rm /dev/modem
> ln -s /dev/ttyS14 /dev/modem
>
> that way the symlink would be remade on every boot

I will put something like that in my ppp startup script.  I will also
investigate why the symlink disappears, I have also noticed that /dev/nvram
disappears after every boot.  Perhaps dmesg will tell me if devfs is set up,
I did not set it up and I did not set up udev, I just went with the default
linux26 installation.

thanks