List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Is there any chance of KDE 3.3.3?
From:       "Paul C. Leopardi" <leopardi () bigpond ! net ! au>
Date:       2005-01-16 21:50:06

Hi all,
Presumably, it would not take long to tag and package the current 3.3 branch
of KDE CVS as KDE 3.3.3. At least, it should not take until March, which is
when KDE 3.4 is released.

If you refer to this thread:

'How to integrate bug fix from source into RPM-based' ...
http://lists.kde.org/?t=110466934400002&r=1&w=2

you will see that I want to fix just one bug in Kmail which is very annoying.
The bug sometimes results in my missing important email messages, so I am
keen to fix it. Apparently it has been fixed in CVS. I've been trying to
incorporate the fix into my current SUSE 9.1, KDE 3.3.3 Level 'a', by
rebuilding kdepim, without success.

I could try the KDE 3.4 beta, but I have only one machine to try it on, my
home ("production") machine. I want to fix just one bug, not introduce a raft
of new bugs.

I could wait until March for KDE 3.4, but that is so long as to be painful.

Or I could plead with the powers that be to release KDE 3.3.3 as a bug fix
release for KDE 3.3.2. With so much attention on KDE 3.4, is there any chance
of success?

Or I just might be able to get some more help with rebuilding kdepim.
Thanks