On Sunday 16 January 2005 20:01, Pollywog wrote: > I have a machine that runs Xandros 3 and it has a wizard that helps > configure the network. > > My Thinkpad is running Debian with KDE 3.3.1 and I see KDE utilities for > configuring desktop and file sharing and Samba, but none for configuring > network interfaces. > > Also, I was unable to use kppp because my pcmcia modem is on ttyS14 and > kppp does not offer that as a modem. I symlinked /dev/ttyS14 to /dev/modem > but the link disappears on reboot. I use the pon command and that works > very well but I had a tough time getting the connection to actually work > until I remembered that /etc/networks/interfaces did not list a ppp0 > interface. A configuration wizard would have enabled me to get things > working sooner. Once I remembered to add ppp0 to interfaces everything > worked. > > So, is there a wizard that I am not seeing? Not as far as i know of. Debian probably has something in their package repositry, try aptgetting net-setup (thats what i think gentoo uses, maybe debian does too), thats curses based though. You could just put this in one of your startup files though; rm /dev/modem ln -s /dev/ttyS14 /dev/modem that way the symlink would be remade on every boot ___________________________________________________ This message is from the kde-linux mailing list. Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-linux. Archives: http://lists.kde.org/. More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.