List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] mail notification oddity
From:       Pollywog <linux-kde () shadypond ! com>
Date:       2005-01-14 20:43:32

On Friday 14 January 2005 08:22 pm, Dave Nebinger wrote:
> > On my desktop machine running Xandros 3 with a slightly older version of
> > kmail, I have to expand the folders in order to see if mail has arrived.
> > What setting must I change on this machine in order to get the same
> > behavior
> > to new mail that I have on the laptop?
>
> That's an easy one - upgrade KDE.
>
> Seriously, why would you expect new application features to be 'backported'
> as options to older releases?

I did not say that but I guess I can see why it was interpreted that way.
I thought there was probably an option in kmail (in the older version) which I
was not seeing.  I do NOT expect new versions to be backported, that would be
silly.

You did answer my question though, that the reason my desktop kmail behaves
differently is that it is older and not because I forgot to check some
option.

thanks