List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] bug: KDE freezes windows after several idle days
From:       "Jason Mancini" <jayrusman () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2005-01-13 8:56:29

Hi,

I installed KDE last September 2004 at work using Konstruct, and me and
another co-worker noticed that if we did not use the workstations for
several
days, that the windows became frozen in place, and we cannot move them.
We figured we got a bad package via that particular Konstruct build.

Not so!  My Mandrake devel box has sat idle for several days, while I hacked
away on a new x86_64 machine.  Returning to my idle KDE desktop, I found
that it too had suffered the frozen window syndrome.  Can't move, can't
resize!

I guess this bug has been around for at least four months, but most people
don't leave their desktop idle for several days?  Work machine has locked
blank screensaver, Redhat.  Home machine uses no screensaver, Mandrake.

-Jason