List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Running startup commands in kde
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2005-01-03 10:07:57

Roberto Amaral wrote:
> Is there any place to put startup commands to run when kde starts?
> For example, to run Lisa I wrote it in /etc/rc.d/rc.local making it
> executable. But Lisa is needed only in  the kde environment.
> I could not do this with a gtk application.
> Could someone help me?

I'm not sure. :-)

If you want it to start for all KDE for all accounts, then put a
'desktop' file pointing to it in:

	$KDEDIR/share/autostart

If you want it to start for KDE in ONE account, then put the 'desktop'
file in:

	$HOME/.kde/autostart

for that account.

Note that it is possible to move the default local 'autostart' location
so it might be in a slightly different location.

--
JRT