List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] tvbrowser batch
From:       darren kirby <bulliver () badcomputer ! org>
Date:       2004-12-21 8:14:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

quoth the Cyrus Kube:
> How can i write something like a DOS batchfile
> i want to change to the
> home/cyrus/tvbrowser_v1.0 directory
> and run
> java -jar tvbrowser.jar
>
> and have a small icon on desktop and in the kde menu
>
> Dos batch would be
> d:
> cd /home/cyrus/tvbrowser_v1.0
> java -jar tvbrowser.jar
>
> Cyrus
>
> ---
>  - polarbear's linux thunderbird from Aachen, Germany -
>  - easy does it -
> ---

First of all...don't hijack threads. Start your own new one. Second, while I
don't really give a sh*t, a lot of people get pissed when you top post.

Anyway...If you don't intend to run this from the command line then a script
is not neccesary (a bash script is about the closest parallel to a batch
file)

Open your kmenu editor and create a new entry. Put whatever you want for name.
Put your command under 'command'. and put "/home/cyrus/tvbrowser_v1.0" in the
'work path' field. This will run your 'command' in the specified directory.

Cant tell you about icons, as I can't stand them cluttering my desktop.

-d