List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] 'Hard disk' desktop icons
From:       Andrew Walbran <qwandor () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-12-19 22:01:25

Hi
I am using KDE 3.3.1 on Debian.
Under configure desktop -> behaviour -> device icons, I can choose whether to
show various categories of device icons on my desktop. If I select 'mounted
hard disc partition', as well as my various hard drive
partitions, /sys, /.dev and my USB flash drive (/mnt/usbdisk) are shown. All
of these icons are given names similar to 'Hard Disc (dev) [/.dev]', when
they are not actually hard discs.

How can I rename these icons? If I right click, select rename, and then enter
a new name, I get an error message like 'Could not delete file
devices:/devusbdiskmntusbdisk.' and the name doesn't change.

I want to show icons for my USB drive, and possibly my hard drive partitions,
but not /.dev and /sys. How can I configure this?

Andrew Walbran