List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Error message - help please !
From:       "Paul Williamson" <paulw () zetnet ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-12-18 15:46:08

Hi all,

I am using Kde 3.3.0, with SuSe 9.2, and I seem to have done something it
doesn't like.

Everytime I bootup I get the following message on the desktop, just
before the "Tip of the day" window appears.

"could not start process  Unable to create io-slave
klauncher said "Unknown protocol 'devices'  "

I also get this message if I switch user and become "root".  (In fact I
got it there first, then it appeared in my user setup.)

How do I start to find out what is wrong, and what is needed to correct
it please ?

Many thanks in advance.

Paul