List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] No ML-1740 in KDE Add Printer Wizard
From:       "Barry O'Donovan" <barry.odonovan () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-12-15 1:04:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 15 December 2004 00:54, Christopher J. Bottaro wrote:
> I don't know if this is a KDE issue

It's not.

> I'm using FC2 fully updated (KDE-3.2.2).

FC2..? So you're using CUPS as your print system? Then that's what you
need to update/get a driver for.

> Will support be added for
> this printer or will one of the other drivers work?

You'll have to check the manufacturers website for cross-driver
compatability.

> Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

For anything printer and Linux related, the following website is the
business:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/

At a _quick_ glance I don't see your printer listed. Is it a new
printer? There are some notes on that site that mention that some of
Samsung models can use different drivers but you better check with the
manufacturer first. In any case, it's only a matter of time before a
driver gets added if it's a new printer.

--
Regards,
Barry O'Donovan

Public key: http://www.barryodonovan.com/gpg.asc