List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Windows lock up
From:       "Barry O'Donovan" <barry.odonovan () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-12-09 15:23:23

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

John,

> John
> TCO R&D Technical Support Analyst

Technical Support Analyst? And this is the question you ask:

On Thursday 09 December 2004 15:03, john_ozarchuk@goodyear.com wrote:
> Here's an interesting one.  Yesterday I had a call from a user, and
> somehow, he could not resize or move any of his open windows in KDE.
> We could open new terminal windows, and toggle between current open
> windows, but could not re-size or move any of them (even newly-opened
> ones).
>
> I logged him out and back in, and it was resolved.  Any idea why?

No offence - and normally I try and refrain from this kind of response
but for crying out loud...

Firstly - I suggest you read:

Then, as a technical support analyst, I'm sure you'll understand when I
say that I (we?) cannot offer much support with the information (none)
you provided.

At the very least, we would need to know:

* the KDE version;
* the XFree/X.Org version;
* the Linux distribution;
* what applications were running at the time this happened;
* what particular application the user was interacting with when this
happened and _exactly what the user did_ that prodcued this result, if
known; and, most importantly
* is it reproducible? If we can't reproduce it we probably can't help.
If it is reproducible then you should also file a bug report at
bugs.kde.org.

Kind regards,
Barry

--