List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Re: Opening Windows
From:       David P James <dpjames () rogers ! com>
Date:       2004-11-30 23:51:05

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tue 30 November 2004 18:20, Beauford wrote:
> Wooooo, back the truck up. Now I replied to an email about "lexi and
> mysql" Bottom line - this was a totally separate email with a totally
> different subject. I also receive my own emails from the list and the
> way I sent it is the way I received it - no mention of lexi or mysql.

I wrote, and I quote, "it may well have been a new question but it sure
wasn't a new thread". The key word here is 'thread'. By replying to the
message 'kexi and mysql', even though you completely changed the
subject, you continued an existing thread. I even suggested how you
might see this for yourself but now I'm going to provide a screenshot
of it:

http://david.jamesnet.ca/tmp/kmail_thread.png

You see how your post 'Opening Windows' of 2004-11-27 18:12:12 appears
to be a follow-up to 'kexi and mysql'? As someone else wrote is
sometimes called "thread jacking" and that is what we don't want to
see.

> David P James wrote:
> > On Mon 29 November 2004 18:42, Beauford wrote:
> >>First off, this was a new post with a new question. If I also
> >> choose to make a small mention of a previous post I made, that's
> >> my perogative. Get over it.
> >
> > Umm, it may well have been a new question but it sure wasn't a new
> > thread. To pose this question you replied to a post entitled "kexi
> > and mysql". I see you're using Netscape; if it is organised
> > anything like Mozilla Thunderbird you should be able to go to View
> > | Sort by --> Threaded while viewing this message and you'll see
> > what Kevin and I are talking about.

And please don't top-post / top-reply either. That's also very annoying.

--
David P James
Ottawa, Ontario

Noone isn't no one