List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] how to install dcop-java
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2004-11-25 11:08:08

On Thursday 25 November 2004 11:52, Luca Ferrari wrote:
> On Thursday 25 November 2004 11:42 Kevin Krammer's cat walking on the
> keyboard
>
> wrote:
> > Hmm, but the java file get compiled, don't they?
> > Maybe you can just copy them into your classpath/jar file manually.
>
> Of course they don't!
>
> luca@fluca:~/tmp/dcopjava/tests> javac test.java
> test.java:1: package org.kde.DCOP does not exist
> import org.kde.DCOP.*;

Have you added ~/tmp/dcopjava/bindings/ to your classpath?
The Makefile.am suggest that it compiles the files using javac, so I would
expect make to fail if it didn't

> > There is a kde-java mailinglist, maybe someone there has first hand
> > experiency working with this bindings.
>
> I've tried to post over that mailing list, but it seems dead!

Ah, too bad :(

> Thanks for help, any other idea?

If the binding make really doesn't compile the java sources, you could compile
them yourself and include them in your project/jar

Cheers,
Kevin
--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer@gmx.at>