List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Re: Alsa mixer levels problem: KDE?
From:       Jan Simonson <nytt () simonson ! se>
Date:       2004-11-03 18:51:22

onsdagen den 3 november 2004 12.30 skrev David Baron:

> I have 3.3, do not have either option. I do not recall ever having
> seen a "Load Volume" option. I placed an alsactl script restore in
> the Autostart directory. No help. If I run it manually, then the
> volumes are restored (but are all lost on shutdown--an alsactl
> store is being run so KDE must be eating the setting before hand.

Try Kmix->Settings->Configure KMix and then tick the last option
(Restore volumes on login). I use 3.3.1 but as far as I can remember
it was the same in 3.3.

> ... and, what if I do not want KDE touching sound a all. I do not
> use the bleeps and blurps and Bill Gates style sounds. I just want
> to be able to listen to music files and streams.

Well, you can of course unmute yourself at each start if you don't
want Kde to do it for you... Turning off sound notification is quite
a different thing done in Configure->System notifications.

Regards
Jan
--
Jan Simonson