List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Desktop
From:       André_Somers <a.t.somers () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       2004-10-31 10:41:50

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

On Sunday 31 October 2004 11:25, Gopala Krishna wrote:
> <P>
Please don't post in HTML.

> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; I just wanted to know if I can embed
> calendars,attractive clocks etc. on desktop and make my desktop more
> attractive.<BR> <BR>
Yes. Check out SuperKaramba. http://netdragon.sourceforge.net/
It allows you to place all sorts of (interactive) content on your desktop.

> I also wanted to know how to change desktop background by command line.<BR>
>  Thanks a lot<BR>
Sure, you can do that too. DCOP is your friend. Use kdcop to browse the
interface that is available to you. Search in kdesktop -> KBackgroundIface.
Note that you can drag & drop the commands there to an editor.

André
--
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
-- Ashleigh Brilliant