List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] kmail problems
From:       Ernie Schroder <schroder () ntplx ! net>
Date:       2004-10-12 22:47:23

On Tuesday 12 October 2004 08:30 am, a tiny voice compelled Leendert Meyer to
write:
> On Tuesday 12 October 2004 14:13, Ernie Schroder wrote:
> > It worked, once I included the full path to sig1.txt, though since the
> > early days of KDE-2.x.x, I did not need to include a full path since
> > sig1.txt has a;ways been at the root of /home/ernie
>
> If I put this in
>
>   cat sig1.txt && uptime && uname -smpr
>
> is simply works.
don't fot me but at least it's working.....

> > NEW PROBLEM:
> >
> > This morning, mail polling had stopped again. Once I had cleared the
> > progress bar stuff at the bottom I tried to get my new mail. Kmail
> > couldn't locate either ISP, though I could ping both ISP's mail servers.
> > Suspecting that perhaps both mail servers had problems, I tried to use
> > their web interface. Konqueror gave me 404 errors!!! but firefox got in
> > just fine. Konqueror couldn't even find google. I looked for stuck
> > processes but couldn't find the problem. Restarting my X session has
> > cleared up the problem. VERY strange
>
> Probably a DNS error.
>
> I understand your urge, ;) but this has nothing to do with your sig
> problem, and therefore really deserves it own thread. :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Leen

If you look back to my original post, you'll see that it mentioned the
signature problem AND the mail polling problem. These 2 situations, though
different are still kmail problems and splitting them into different threads
would IMHO, mess up threading,
 OK, so I'm home from work after 10 hours and polling had borked again, even
with longer time outs set. Kmail was, however able to fetch mail after I
cleared out the dead progress messages.
--
Regards, Ernie
100% Microsoft and Intel free

 18:37:42 up 6 days, 19:24,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.06, 0.20
Linux 2.6.5-gentoo-r1 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400+