List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] kmail problems
From:       Ernie Schroder <schroder () ntplx ! net>
Date:       2004-10-11 22:43:20

Hi All,
 I've recently upgraded to kde-3.3.0 and have a couple of problems with kmail.

1. my signature has always been:

Regards, Ernie
100% Microsoft and Intel free

 18:23:25 up 5 days, 19:10,  1 user,  load average: 0.28, 0.23, 0.25
Linux 2.6.5-gentoo-r1 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400+

under Settings/Configure Kmail/Identities/Signature, I've selected "enable
signature" and "Output of Command and inserted:

cat sig1.txt && uptime && uname -smpr

The command works just fine in a terminal but if I open a new mail, I get:

Failed to execute signature script
cat sig1.txt && uptime && uname -smpr:
Operation not permitted

And, as you see, I get no signature.

What gives?

2. There seems to be a problem scanning my ISP's for mail. New in this version
is a progress bar and an arrow (in the lower right of the kmail window) so
one can check progress of email d'loads. The mail d;loads properly, but the
progress bar and arrow remain and block subsiquent mail polls. This is not a
huge problem when I'm at the box, but if I leave it for any period of time, I
have to close several progress bars from each of my accounts and start a new
poll to d'load a couple hundred new emails.
 Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas out there?

Thanks, Ernie