List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Re: Has The performance been forgotten?
From:       Werner Joss <werner () hoernerfranzracing ! de>
Date:       2004-10-09 10:01:37

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Samstag 09 Oktober 2004 10:22, Bahram Alinezhad wrote:
> If a project is deflecting from the right path, It may
> be necessary to stop its development and revise some
> past steps.

so, you claim to know what 'the right path' is ?
you should at least realize there are other opinions about this

> I regret I'm not a programmer and cannot participate
> in development, and sometimes cannot understand how
> much difficult can be offering a fast, beautiful, and
> bug-free software.

the best advice is then to RTFM and learn as much as possible about the issues
you are adressing in this posting and then come back

> If hopefully, the above deduction proves flase, one
> can ask developers to work seriously on some projects
> with the focus on performance: a parameter that is one
> of the most important criteria which unfortunately,
> only very skilled programmers pay attention to it.

this assumes, the programmers currently working on linux/kde
are not skilled, which is ridiculous, when you look at he code
(and have some understanding ;-)

basically - yes - there are still performance issues with linux/kde
(gnome as well ;-) and these are beeing discussed/worked on in the appropriate
developer-groups/lists.
I won't take the time to explain the relevant topics in detail here,
nor the things you can do yourself to speed-up your system (e.g. by disabling
unnecessary services at startup etc.) - you can find many resources about
these things if you are seriously interested.

werner