List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] kde-cvs issue
From:       Peppe <cerebro84 () vodafone ! it>
Date:       2004-10-07 15:57:00

Hi,
I'm a gentoo user. I tried to emerge kde but this is what happen when I run kdm: it \
seem to be all right, but when I enter username and password and I try to login, it \
crashes. This is what kdm.log says:

------------
Creating menu entries for kdm in /usr/kde/cvs/share/config/kdm/sessions
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  113 (X_KilllClient)
  Value in failed request:  0x600007
  Serial number of failed request:  151
ASSERT: "filter != NULL" in kcursor.cpp (425)
KCrash: Application 'kdmgreet' crashing...
Unable to start Dr. Konqi
---------

And then X quits. I runned X and invoked konqueror, it looked running fine but when I \
tried to type an address it crashed. My system is an acer notebook with an intel \
centrino 1500, 512mb DDR RAM, ati mobile radeon 9700, Xorg 6.7, Gentoo Linux 2004.2. \