List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] library conflict while installing KDE3.3 via konstruct
From:       Sylviane & Perry White <spwhite () freesurf ! ch>
Date:       2004-10-01 17:09:39

On Thursday 30 September 2004 23:47, you wrote:
> * Yes, I'm having qt with thread support

Hi Koening,

I answered you because I am playing a bit with Qt programming, but I still
lack experience an am not sure I can provide further help.

Are you doing Qt programming or did you install latest Qt version because it
was a prerequisite to install the latest KDE? Have you tried to compile a
simple Qt program?

I red you config log. I don't really know how to do that but the line:
>"/opt/qt3.3.3/lib/libqt-mt.so: undefined reference to `operator "
seems to imply it found libqt-mt.so at this point;  and that would invalidate
the last message :
> "Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!".
Perhaps one explanation is that "libqt-mt.so" was a *remanant of a prior Qt*
threaded version but latest version is not threaded.

Also near the end of your log you have :
>configure: failed program was:
>#include "confdefs.h"
>(...snip...)
>int main() {
>    (void)QStyleFactory::create(QString::null);
That would again make me suspect there is something wrong with Qt
(but I can't be affirmative).

I hope that helps, or you get another answer from the list (didn't see it
today, but there is at least one smart guy on kde list, _no me_ , who is
also on Qt list)
                                     Perry

P.S. loook at [kde-linux] `qt_xrootwin' undeclared...Donn Washburn,
(from yesterday)