List:       kde-linux
Subject:    RE: [kde-linux] konstruct: kicker uses /usr/lib/libclockapplet.so.1
From:       "Jason Mancini" <jayrusman () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2004-09-26 7:21:32

Just for the unlucky soul who may google the same problem,
the answer is to set your $KDEDIR to your ~/kde3.3 installation, and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to $KDEDIR/lib and then read up over at
http://developer.kde.org/build/build2ver.html

I'm surprised no one around here recognized the problem...  *shrug*

-Jason

----Original Message Follows----
Kicker seems to look in system directories before ~/kde3.3 -- so I renamed
the
various "applets.desktop" to "applets3.desktop", fixed up kickerrc, and it
worked.
But konqueror is still getting KonqAboutPage from the wrong place, can't
figure out how to fix that segfault.
----Original Message Follows----
I successfully installed KDE 3.3, but kicker's
~/kde3.3/lib/libkickermain.so.1 seems to be calling
/usr/lib/libclockapplet.so.1 (an ancient KDE which I cannot remove here)
which goes on to cause a seg fault.
How can I correct this incorrect library usage?