List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] KMix hogging CPU
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2004-09-24 5:28:29

qwandor@flashmail.com wrote:
> Hi
> I have just upgraded from KDE 3.2.3 to KDE 3.3,
> and have a problem with KMix. Whenever it is
> running, it takes up all or almost all free CPU
> time, running at about 65-75% CPU. This did not
> occur with earlier versions of KDE. How can I
> stop this happening?

I would guess that there is a configuration issue.

Try killing KMix and then restarting it from a Konsole so that you can see any
error messages that it is generating.

I note that I get this error:

kmix: ERROR: snd_ctl_open err=No such device
kmix: ERROR: snd_ctl_open err=No such device

and don't know if this is a problem or not.

--
JRT