List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Kmail Optimization
From:       John Andersen <jsa () pen ! homeip ! net>
Date:       2004-09-16 3:53:30

I occasionally ssh into another machin on the local 100meg network
and run kmail.

Running SuSE 9.1 with kde 3.3 and kmail 1.6.
Has anyone else noticed the egregiously redundant repaints
Kmail is doing, often repainting the same line up to 5 times?

This makes it unnecessarily slow across a local net and totally
unusable on anything other than local, even with compression on.

Has anything changed since 3.2?  I've heard others post that
3.3 is slow...