List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] kde graphical is dead
From:       Frank <Frank () snapafun ! co ! nz>
Date:       2004-08-26 10:59:31

Gerhard den Hollander wrote:

>* Frank <Frank@snapafun.co.nz> (Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 06:12:57PM +1200)
>

>>Kdelibs seemed to go without a hitch but kdebase kept falling over trying to
>>use rpms from both the 'thac' and norluc? sites so I removedmedia them and
>>things seemed to go OK after that.
>>

>>But on shuting down and restarting the next day...  plenty of bitching about
>>kdeinit and of course no graphical interface for kde whatsoever.
>>

>Not sure if I follow you correctly, but it sounds like you uninstalled
>kdebase.
>
>Nothing will work without kdebase.
>
>I suggest you find a way to download the kdebase packages manually and
>install them manually.

If I can get online with Linux running I'll look at this again but the
last thing I did before I 'shutdown -r now' was to urpmi kdebase and I
got the "everything already installed" message....  so maybe not?

>ftp.kde.porg (or one of it's mirrors) should have them/

>This is so fucking silly ..
>I can send you an email with 27 viruses embedded in it, and stick a silly
>disclaimer like that at the bottom ..

You forget, I'm running this from Windows at present, so some protection
is better than nothing, and yeah, I set up AVG as a Personal Server so
that I can use Mozilla. And NO! I don't need this with Linux [ @ present.]
By the way, my AVG checks every message in and out and I am assured when
it places this there. Anything anyone places at the bottom is ignored
and that includes what my system placed there on outgoing mail, so it
gets checked and verified again for returning mail.
BUT THE MAIN REASON is for customer gratification, because though they
'bury their heads in the sand', they appreciate my efforts in 'assuring'
that I am not passing on virii . IT DOES keep them happy and my income
secure as a result.