List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Desktop Icons
From:       "Christopher A. Gahlon" <lists () gahlon ! com>
Date:       2004-07-06 0:26:13

On Monday 05 July 2004 18:40, Colin J Thomson wrote:
> Control Center > Background > advanced options, took me ages to
> find it as well,

Been wondering how to turn off shadows for ages.

From a usability standpoing, wouldn't it make sense to put this under
Appearance & Themes > Icons   ????

I can see the relationship to the "Background" controls but it's not
how my users (and some geeks like me) think about their GUI's.  Icon
stuff should be together with other icon stuff.  Right now it's
burried under an adavanced button in a "seemingly" unrelated control
area.

I'd gladly change it if I knew where to begin looking.  Any pointers
so I can atleast do it for my users and re-compile?

P.S.  The KDE guys/gals have done an AWESOME job!  If small stuff like
this is all I've got to gripe about then I've got it pretty good.

Keep up the GREAT work ya'll!

--
Christopher A. Gahlon

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand
binary and those that don't.