List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Anything Like Windows "Run As..." Context Menu Option?
From:       Gerhard den Hollander <gerhard () fugro-jason ! com>
Date:       2004-07-03 14:09:54

* billg <billg@f-m.fm> (Sat, Jul 03, 2004 at 06:11:41AM -0400)
> What is insecure about it?  You'll need root's password. Why is that any
> more insecure than
> su'ing in a terminal? I'm only suggesting that the GUI mimic a
> capability that has been available
> to shell users forever.

Because then the whole gui needs to run suid root.
(in this case the whole of konqueror)

Currently listening to: ph2004-6-24d2t06

	Gerhard,  <faliquid@xs4all.nl>   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O	Speak glowingly of those greater than yourself,
 =`\<,	And heed well their advice -- even though they be turkeys.