List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Native MC port for Qt / KDE
From:       "Piotr Gawrysiak" <pgawrysiak () supermedia ! pl>
Date:       2004-06-13 19:21:08

Not really :-) - it does not really have MC feel (and it does not look
*exactly* like NC clone). I am probably a bit too old fashioned/old/weird
etc. but I just want a simple, crude, old-style file manager. This is also a
reason why I do not use Krusader, Northern Captain etc. (and I did not use
Total Commander etc. in Windows either).

I mentioned Disco Commander - this for me was an ideal replacement for DOS
Norton Commander under Windows - looks like text-based, but uses graphics
and Windows system calls when required. I miss such tool in my KDE toolbox
:-). MC would be just good if not for this idiotic console keyboard
handling. Have a look at Disco Commander screenshot here
http://disco.ru/english/products/commander.htm - it should explain
everything :-)

Piotr Gawrysiak