List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Upgrading to KDE 2.0
From:       Gerhard den Hollander <gerhard () fugro-jason ! com>
Date:       2004-03-04 12:30:38

* John di Stefano <john@ducksolutions.com> (Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 12:07:43PM +0100)
> I am running at the time SUSE 9.0 with KDE 3.14 and want to upgrade to KDE
> 2.0, but I must say it is not as straight forward as I thought.
> There are so many different packages and I don't know which one to install
> first.
> YAST 2 is not much of a help either.
> Can anybody give me an easy run-down how to proceed?

I hope you mean upgradoing to kde 3.2.0 instead of 2.0

If you are trying to (down)grade to KDE2.0 you will ahve a lot of trouble.

If you are looking to upgrade to kde3.2.0 I suggest you fetch the suse
rpm,s from the ftp.kde.porg (or one of it's mirrors) and beofre you start
downloading get and read the README that sits in the suse directory.
It explains most (if not all).

Currently listening to: Bryan Adams - Reckless - 05 - Somebody

	Gerhard,  (faliquid@xs4all.nl)	== The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __0	My life's on time, But again my sense is late.
 =`\<,	Feel a might unsteady, But still I have to play.