List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] KMail problem
From:       Jan Romportl <rompi_news () post ! cz>
Date:       2004-02-12 19:39:09

Hello,

could someone give me an advice which would solve this problem? I use KMail
and it stores mail in maildir Mail. This directory is obviously really full
of files with tricky names (all those folders, included files, etc.). I work
on two computers (desktop at work, notebook at home) and I synchronize my
home directories using unison. The problem is that I MUST ignore this Mail
folder when synchronizing, because KMail on the computer, where the older
version of maildir was replaced by the new one, crashes when I try to open
any folder where some changes happened. So I have to update the maildir by
tar.gzipping it and copy to the other computer, there delete the old maildir
and ungzip the new one. And this sometimes drives me crazy :-) (the maildir
is about 60 MB big).

So is there a solution to this? Or where do I make a mistake?

Thanks a lot

J.R.