List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Shockwave Flash
From:       Andreas Pour <pour () mieterra ! com>
Date:       2004-01-24 1:21:17

michael wrote:

> After a search of the archives proved fruitless for me, can
> anyone popint me to a how-to on getting .swf files to play
> with Konqi?

 (1) download latest Flash player for Linux - make sure it is Flash 6 b/c a lot
of stuff does not play on older versions
(http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/alternates/)

 (2) install it

 (3) note the directory where the libflashplayer.so is installed

 (4) open Konqueror and go to Settings => Configure Konqueror => Plugins (last
entry on the left selection pane) and make sure this directory is in the "Scan
Directories" list - if not, add it

 (5) click on "Scan for New Plugins"

 (6) Enjoy the .swf files :-)