List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Sounds!!
From:       Bob Sheck <bobsheck () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2003-12-30 1:18:37

At 11:42 PM 12/28/03 -0500, you wrote:

>Just one thing missing here, the type of memory you need?

Whatever fits into a Mac Power PC 8500/180 - it's close to a
PC 172 pin SDRAM-133 but the pins are offset enough to make it incompatible
(which kinda figgers, being Apple, and all that proprietary sh*t that
has limited their usefulness all these years. . .but I digress).

What I think I want is to max out to the 1 Gig that the m/b is hyped
to be able to handle.

Now- a few questions while we're on the subject: Win98 is rumored
to be able to only handle 512Megs - after that  strange things are alleged
to start happening. Is there any limit in the *nix arena? Can Linux OS handle
memory beyond the normal bounds found in many motherboard architectures?

Bob Sheck // Greenville, NC //
bobsheck@earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~bobsheck/

registered user #340026 with