List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] linux 2.6 / 2.4.23 and KDE 2.2.1
From:       Armin Obersteiner <armin () xos ! net>
Date:       2003-12-29 23:25:16

hi!

I run KDE 2.2.1 with linux 2.4.21 without problems, early test kernels of 2.6 did work too,
but using linux 2.4.23 or linux 2.6 (final unpatched) results in following problem:

  after user/password in kdm kde starts up and hangs in system services forever
  (the progess box stays on the second icon)

  the last started process seems to be kded

  when I kill the latest of the 2 kded processes a few other processes (sound etc) get started
  but on the screen is nothing but the mouse pointer ...

I reverted back to 2.4.21, but I'd like to run 2.6 soon ...
(no I don't have time to upgrade KDE and therefore the whole system ;-)

Please help me ... where are the logfiles? what to do?

Regards,
	Armin
--
armin@xos.net                        pgp public key on request        CU