List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Using same Kmail from separate logins
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-12-27 22:58:16

David Baron wrote:
> I want to be able to service my email from either the root or a more protected
> login. In other words, have a "mymail" group that uses Kmail off the same
> directories. How might I do this?

To start with, I wouldn't use root for the mail account.  You DO NOT ever want to open
mail as root!!  Create a fake user account just for mail.  Then you should be able to do
it by making all users that can use the mail account be members of that account's private
group.

If there are still some loose ends, then see John's posting.

--
JRT