List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] K-menu
From:       Jan Romportl <rompi_news () post ! cz>
Date:       2003-12-11 12:46:02

Hello,

could someone help me, please? I've got this problem: I've just upgraded from
Suse 8.2 to Suse 9.0 and since that the k-menu behaves in a strange way -
kmenu editor shows the entries of the k-menu correctly (I guess it is taken
from /opt/kde3/share/applnk), but when I left-click on K-menu button, the
K-menu which appears shows only very few entries, just about one third of
what kmenuedit shows. When I add an entry using kmenuedit, it creates
a .desktop file in ~/.local/... but still the entry added this way cannot be
seen in K-Menu. When I change something in ~/.kde/share/applnk, it doesn'ŧt
influence the whole thing at all.

So this means K-Menu is quite useless for me... :-(

Would somebody give me an advice how to make K-menu work correctly?

Thank you very much

JR