List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Tired of searching...
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-11-28 0:24:51

John Andersen wrote:
> Ok, I give up.  15 minutes of searching thru the control center and
> various other places has not revealed how or where I set the
> font size in the K "Start" menu, or the Status BAR at the bottom
> of windows like Kong, and Kmail.
>
> Where IS this set:

The "K" Start Menu font is {Surprise}: The "Menu" font.

The Status Bar is the: "General" font.

Remember that the changes in the Control Center don't take effect till you click the:
"Apply" button.

> TO KDE Team:
> There are at lease 5 different places where fonts are set.
> This really needs to be rounded up into one one place and.

I can't find 5 different places.  There is only ONE in KDE 3.2 (there was a redundant one
in 3.1.x which has been removed -- the KFM Appearance KCM is gone).

Then there are places to set application specific fonts that do not use the global
settings -- there are lots of them, but these only affect that application.

There is also the place to set the defaults for Web Pages but that is like the application
settings.

> About here is where someone jumps in and tells me about the
> difference between X servers and window managers and qtconfig
> and a bunch of other nuances and obsolete historical obscurities.
>
> Folks,,, It needs to be in ONE place in ONE tool.

Now there are different ways to go to the: "Fonts" KCM but you are the same place when you
get there.