List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Re: kde-linux Digest, Vol 8, Issue 29
From:       Rex Dieter <rdieter () math ! unl ! edu>
Date:       2003-11-24 17:08:18

James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Rex Dieter wrote:

>> And seemingly relavent configure output:
>> XRender auto-detection... ()
>>   Found XRender lib in /usr/X11R6/lib
>>   Found X11/extensions/Xrender.h in /usr/X11R6/include
>> XRender enabled.
>> Xft auto-detection... ()
>>   Found libXft.a in /usr/X11R6/lib
>>   Found X11/Xft/Xft.h in /usr/X11R6/include
>>   Found X11/Xft/Xft.h in /usr/include
>>   Found Xft version .
>>   Found X11/Xft/XftFreetype.h in /usr/X11R6/include
>>   Found freetype2/freetype/freetype.h in /usr/include
>> Xft enabled.
>>
>> Should I be concerned about the wierd "Found Xft version ." line?

> Yes, you appear to have two versions of Xft.h on your system.  One that
> came with XFree86 and one which you got somewhere else.

FYI, on Redhat (at least 7.3) /usr/include/X11 is a symlink to
/usr/X11R6/include, so while it appears I have 2 Xft.h's, they are
really the same thing.

any other ideas?

While I'm on the subject, where can I report these qt bugs?  A quick
scan of trolltech.com didn't turn up anything other than "commericial
support".

-- Rex