List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Compose key in KDE apps
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-11-21 0:47:31

Peter B. West wrote:
> Richard,
>
> I tries this and it makes no difference.  It seems to be for setting up
> alternative keyboard layouts, as with MS.  Any other ideas?

I am guessing here since I only have a (Genuine IBM with click keys :-D) 101 key keyboard.

Did you choose the correct: "Keyboard" model at the top of the widget?

You said that you had a US keyboard with a "compose" key.  That would NOT be a generic 101
key US keyboard because they don't have a "compose" key.  My guess is that you have a 102
key international keyboard.  If so this is the place to set it.  Also, if you have a UK
(GB) keyboard layout (probably only the key caps are different) the next list ("Primary
layout") is the place to set it.

Remember to check the box in the upper left corner.

--
JRT