List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Compose key in KDE apps
From:       "Peter B. West" <pbwest () powerup ! com ! au>
Date:       2003-11-19 23:14:51

I'm running KDE on RH9 with a locale of en_AU.UTF-8 and either a US or
GB keyboard (two systems).  My Compose key is set to Menu.  In Gnome
apps like gnome-terminal and gedit I can input composed characters.  In
Mozilla, with character coding set to UTF-8, I can enter composed
characters.  However, in KDE apps like Konsole and Kate, and in Java
apps, I can't.

Any ideas on how I might enable the functionality in K apps?

Peter