List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Auto align icons on the grid
From:       Jonny Berthiaume <jberthiaume () gniinc ! net>
Date:       2003-11-19 10:35:31

Hi,

I know I might be annoying with this one but I got no answer at all.
Thus, I searched by my own and discover that the command to align icons
on the grid on the Desktop is

/opt/kde/bin/dcop kdesktop KDesktopIface lineupIcons

Now, what I would like to know is how can I launch this command every 5
min or so. Or if I can set an option where every Icons on Desktop will
be always aligned to the grid.

I already try put this command in the crontab of the user, but the
crontab always return this error:
"Cannot attach DCOP server!"

I have also tried to put the command in a shell and use the crontab to
start it, but I got the same result.

If someone knows how to do this, please tell me. If someone knows that
this is impossible, I'd rather know that its impossible than getting no
answer at all.

Jonny