List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] cdrom mouting
From:       Jonny Berthiaume <jberthiaume () gniinc ! net>
Date:       2003-10-30 16:51:16

hi

I got a problem with mounting cdrom and floppy.

I use slackware 8.1 with kde 3.1.3

When I click on the icon of the CD-ROM on Desktop, there is a fatal error
message wich says: "mount: only root user can mount /dev/cdrom on
/mnt/cdrom@.
The title of this error box is : "Error - kio_devices_mounthelper".

When I use root user under KDE, it just mount correctly without any
error message
so I know its a matter of permissions, but where do I put those?
/dev/cdrom is already
a link to /dev/scd0 which is brw-rw-rw. /mnt/cdrom has full permission
so what I'm doing
wrong?

Thanks in advance for your advices....

Jonny