List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Choice of distro
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-05-25 22:29:35

Stelian Iancu wrote:

> Actually, there already is such a thing. Check out
> www.linuxfromscratch.org.

Actually, although I will probably do this as soon as I get my larger
disk installed, it isn't exactly what I had in mind.  There are a lot
of miscellaneous programs needed on a system and it would be nice if
these were available as RPMs that were 100% compatible with built from
source.

Perhaps I need to make my distro available after I get it installed.

Also, there is the PLD which I thought was a very basic distro, but
have found that they add strange patches to stuff also.  And I don't
like their directory setup. :-(  But it doesn't have any of the
changes in the basic Linux like RedHat, Mandrake, and SuSE.  Has
anybody installed it??

--
JRT