List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Enabling mouse wheel scrolling in XEmacs?
From:       Derek Fountain <derekfountain () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-05-01 6:09:47

> How do I have it recognize my mouse wheel so as to quickly scroll through a
> buffer?  Under KDE and just about every other application I use (GTK or
> otherwise) the mouse wheel is recognized such that when I roll the wheel
> any scroll bars on whatever program I am in scrolls up or down.

That's odd. It's just worked for for as long as I can remember. I've never had
to do anything special.

What version of xemacs have you got? Did you download it or did it come with
your distro? Do you have an 'mwheel.elc' or 'mwheel.el' file? The magic for
my XEmacs is in 'mwheel.elc'.

--
"...our desktop is falling behind stability-wise and feature wise to KDE
...when I went to Mexico in December to the facility where we launched gnome,