List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Why is it so SLOW?
From:       David Reynolds <naeblis () kc ! rr ! com>
Date:       2003-04-24 12:24:51

> > After you boot the system, open: "ksysguard" and see how much
> > Physical & Swap are being used.  If Swap is more than 0, you are
> > short of memory and are using virtual memory which will make
> > applications slow to start.

My system has been up for a few weeks. I had not monitored this until now, but
free gives this result:

Mem:        255840     247608       8232          0      21908      96076
-/+ buffers/cache:     129624     126216
Swap:       136512      68724      67788

I assume if I upgrade from KDE3 to KDE3.1 this will only get worse. Am I in
desperate need of memory, or is this a function of having been up for a
while?

Regards,
David
--