List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] File Manager, super user mode crashing.
From:       Roger Miliker <roger_miliker () gmx ! at>
Date:       2003-02-28 21:44:59

On Saturday 01 March 2003 17:44, Ken Thompson wrote:
> I've just installed ASPLinux7.3 and upgraded to KDE3.1and now the File
> Manager (Super User Mode) crashes shortly after opening. It opens and stays
> open just long enough to see the 2 default folders then crashes totally..
> Anyone experienced this and know of a fix?
yes,
I'm not sure if this is the proper fix though.
This is what I did:

1. log out of kde
2. shutdown kdm (# /etc/init.d/xdm stop) depending on your distribution and
whether you use a graphical login
3. cd to your /tmp dir
4. delete all subdirs of /tmp containing mcop, dcop, kde (in /tmp !!)
5. restart kdm/kde and try if it works

I hope this works for you

*no warranties whatsoever*

Good Luck