List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] script kde-build blew away my settings...
From:       Matt Gregory <matthew.gregory () skyleach ! com>
Date:       2003-02-28 6:24:03

    In an attempt to build KDE from the CVS source I ran the kde-build
script (after configuring kde-buildrc).  The script bombed, but not
before it blew away almost every user preference I had made.  I'm damned
glad I didn't run it as root.

So far the damage total includes the loss of all of my mail (I was using
KMail and lost my Mail maildir. )  OpenOffice install, all my custom
menu items, my bar settings, my themes, gkrellm custom themes.  It
really makes no sense to me.

Has anyone ever seen this happen or know what can cause it?