List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Konqueor doesn't start anymore
From:       Stelian Iancu <stelian.iancu () gmx ! net>
Date:       2003-02-16 6:59:23

Hi!

A couple of days ago, I have changed the default action for .html
files from beeing open by konqueror, into beeing open by phoenix.
After that, I've changed the action back and, as a result, konqueror
doesn't start anymore. It starts if I type the command in a konsole,
or if I click a link to a folder on the desktop. But when I click
both the "Home" and "knoqbrowser" buttons on the kicker, nothing
happens. I've noticed that when I click home, the following command
is executed:
kfmclient openProfile filemanagement
Anyway, if I give the same command in the konsole, I get the following
error:
kfmclient: ERROR: Couldn't start konqueror from konqueror.desktop:
KDEInit could not launch 'kfmexec'
Also, if I click a .html file in konqueror (file manager), it says:
There appears to be a configuration error. You have associated
Konqueror with text/html, but it can't handle this file type.

So what is the problem and what can I do to fix it?

Thanks!

--
Regards,
Stelian I.