List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] konsole --type
From:       Thomas Taylor <linxt () attbi ! com>
Date:       2003-01-31 21:09:28

Hi Rob & list:

Not being picky, but why do you need all that?

I have MC running in a konsole on one of my desktops which is used only for
that application.  I use desktop 6 and open a konsole there in full screen
mode.  Then just type mc to open midnight commander or open the file menu and
click on which type of session you want to open (root or user).  You can also
adjust the fonts through the konsole settings menu.

Undoubtedly there are other ways of doing it.  This is just mine.

HTH, Tom

On Friday 31 January 2003 12:46 pm, Rob Benton wrote:
> If I'm trying to use the --type flag to konsole to invoke the Midnight
> Commander session, how do I escape the space?
>
> konsole --type "Midnight Commander"
> konsole --type 'Midnight Commander'
> konsole --type Midnight\ Commander
>
> None of those work.