List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Remote desktop without prompt
From:       "CiAsA S'Nuey Boark" <ciasaboark () telocity ! com>
Date:       2003-01-30 18:27:32

On Thursday 30 January 2003 03:25 am, Tom Wesley wrote:
> I think this will be the way I was doing it.  Just means that I have to
> have a different session running for remote tasks.  I will probably start
> logging out of KDE when I leave in the morning and starting (+tunnelling)
> vnc through ssh.

Its definitely not the most elegant of solutions, but It's what I've been
doing for a couple of months now.  Really helps to be able to go to school
and still use kdevelop for my school projects, instead of having to import
everything into VS6.0 or VS.NET.

If your machine can handle it, you might just consider always running the vnc
server, just having it run a light DE like wmaker or blackbox instead.  That
way you wont have to worry about logging out and restarting X.
--
Time to be aggressive.  Go after a tattooed Virgo.

Jonathan Nelson [www.ciasaboark.org/~ciasa/]